> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > What kind of lawyer would I need?

What kind of lawyer would I need?

1 Answers. Asked on May 03rd, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I am pregnant and I recently handed in a note from my OB/GYN saying I can only work 4 days a week -the next schedule thatcame out, I was not one the schedule at all. I asked my manager about it and she said i had to many schedule demands, and she would have to see if she could find a place for me to work.. Is this something I can get a lawyer for??
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 09th, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Maybe.  did she find a place for you?  Your employer may be required to provide a reasonable accommodation.  However if the nature of your job duties don't allow that or if the accommodation costs the employer too much money, you may not have a remedy.  For example, if you were a football player and your doctor said you can't be tackled, your employer wouldn't be required to provide you a spot on the team that allows you to be paid but avoid being tackled. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

225 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums