> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > let go for attendance. shown that due to schedule changes, was charged wrong. did not receive all final pay & vacation balance. Can anything be done?

let go for attendance. shown that due to schedule changes, was charged wrong. did not receive all final pay & vacation balance. Can anything be done?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 06th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Indiana
More details to this question:
I am 48 yrs old in a facility that is almost all 20-30 yrs old. They do attendance points. My direct supervisor changes scheduled times with me verbally. These are some of the points against me. I had verbal contract with former Executive Director(ED) to go to 0 points wasn't upheld in February. I know favoritism to men that get to continue employment. I know men got paid better starting wages. I showed new ED how I was pointed wrong and unfairly. She won't listen because of favoritism to friend I had words with. I did not receive final pay check that was supposed to be recieved 9/29. I did not receive it either today 10/6. Also, they are denying me my 22 hours left in vacation pay that I earned.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Dear Anonymous,


It sounds like you may have a claim for unpaid wages.  If the amount is more than $30 but less than $6,000 you can file an online wage claim through the Indiana Department of Labor.  Here is a link to their online wage claim form.






Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

333 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums