> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I work with a home health care facility and was recently told I have to take over the staffing responsibility 24/7 365 if someone calls off and I

I work with a home health care facility and was recently told I have to take over the staffing responsibility 24/7 365 if someone calls off and I

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 18th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Ohio
More details to this question:
Cannot find staff I have to come in and work the shift I have to use my personal phone to do this and there was no pay increase I can't be far away or drink alcohol because I have to be ready at all times to work I'm not salary I'm hourly is this legal?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 19th, 2017 at 11:01 AM

You need to speak with an attorney who regularly handles flsa cases and potential unpaid overtime issues. Our office handles overtime cases for employees throughout Ohio, including many in the home health field. I would encourage you to call my office for a free consultation at 614-949-1181 today. It is likely that you may have a case for unpaid overtime wages, liquidated damages, and attorney's fees.


Ohio overtime lawyer

Matthew J.P. Coffman The answer provided is not legal advice and it is recommended that you seek advice of an attorney. My office # is 614-949-1181.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

219 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

184 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

73 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums