> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I was terminated from my job of 6 months because I could not physically do 5% of the job. I was told that I did not tell them I was disabled.

I was terminated from my job of 6 months because I could not physically do 5% of the job. I was told that I did not tell them I was disabled.

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 03rd, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Indiana
More details to this question:
I was not told that a 'project engineer's would be doing extreme labor in extreme temperatures. I left a good job I had been at for 14 years to join this firm and now have no job.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:45 AM

Dear Mr. Ransom,


It is possible that your employer has discriminated against you in violation the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), and/or the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (“ADAAA”).  In order to determine whether or not you may have a claim against your employer, I would need to get some additional information from you about your disability, the specific job requirements, and whether your employer engaged in a interactive dialogue with you to try to reach a reasonable accommodation for your disability.  You can contact me for a free consultation by calling (317) 843-2606.  




Chip Clark



Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

333 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

224 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

64 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums