> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > What are my options if my previous employer is trying not to pay me for the last 4 days that I worked?

What are my options if my previous employer is trying not to pay me for the last 4 days that I worked?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 11th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - New Jersey
More details to this question:
I was discharged from my previous position on March 16th at roughly 3pm. The last paycheck that I received was for the week ending March 10th and dated March 17th. I worked the following Monday March 13th, that Tuesday was a company mandated snow day and I called in sick on Wednesday the 15th returning to work on Thursday the 16th. I have yet to be compensated for the final 4 days I worked and when I contacted HR, I was pretty much brushed off with the HR Director attempting to passed off the check dated March 17th as my final pay. All I want is to be paid for those final four days, and my last email to HR went unanswered.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:41 AM

 TheThe New Jersey wage and hour law could be violated if an employer fail to pay an individual his or her wages.  You should consider speaking to an employment lawyer or contacting the department of labor. 

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Pugh, Jones & Johnson, P.C.

Chicago, IL

| Contact Now

Wigdor LLP

New York, NY

| Contact Now

Beery & Spurlock Co., L.P.A.

Columbus, OH

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums