> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > Is there any free consultation lawyers available?

Is there any free consultation lawyers available?

1 Answers. Asked on May 25th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Ohio
More details to this question:
I have fmla for April 25th. On April 26th I was told to go home and don't come back to work til my doc lift my restrictions. My employer denied my fmla and said I said request a leave of leave on May 4th. I haven't sign a form for request of leave of absence. I have been told to remain home from work and get my specialist doc to fill out medical questionnaire. I am not getting paid for the time I have been off work. I file unemployment but was denied because they can't help me due to me being on a leave of absence. I have all documents in writing from all of my docs and including from the company as well. They also want me to inform my manager as soon as possible if I've made a decision not to return to my position. I am trying to get to back to work to support my 2kids.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 30th, 2017 at 1:47 PM

You should contact an employment attorney who handles FMLA and ADA cases. You may have a claim under either or both of these federal laws. I would encourage you to contact my office to discuss this matter further. We represent employees throughout Ohio.


Ohio FMLA lawyer

Matthew J.P. Coffman The answer provided is not legal advice and it is recommended that you seek advice of an attorney. My office # is 614-949-1181.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

234 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
James Abrams, Ph.D., J.D.

Denver, CO

| Contact Now

The Drakulich Firm

San Diego, CA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums