> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I work for a public franchise (traded on Nasdaq) of a very large corporation. Our union workers went on strike, forcing me to work 24/7 without pay

I work for a public franchise (traded on Nasdaq) of a very large corporation. Our union workers went on strike, forcing me to work 24/7 without pay

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 06th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Ohio
More details to this question:
I am a manager making me "exempt" from FLSA. Instead of managing accounts/sales, I'm being FORCED to load pallets of warehouse products because the union workers (factory workers, drivers, etc.) are on strike. How is this fair, and am I entitled to compensation for these many hours worked outside my usual duties. Also, I don't have a contract because we just got bought out.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 07th, 2017 at 12:27 PM

You need to contact an Ohio FLSA lawyer. We handle cases throughout the state of Ohio. Only after a more detailed conversation will we be able to let you know what we can do to assist you. 


Ohio unpaid overtime attorney

Matthew J.P. Coffman The answer provided is not legal advice and it is recommended that you seek advice of an attorney. My office # is 614-949-1181.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

323 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

76 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums