> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I was supposed to receive my pay on March 10th and yet have not is this illegal?

I was supposed to receive my pay on March 10th and yet have not is this illegal?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 14th, 2016 on Labor and Employment - Indiana
More details to this question:
I was with this company for a short time due to unprofessional environment I quit! Was supposed to receive pay on the 10th of march did not receive it I called the supervisor she said she doesn't know why I didnt get paid so I contacted the district manager and asked him in email he also says he doesn't know and would call me the following day to discuss it and he did not I don't think I will get paid at all?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 16th, 2016 at 7:09 AM

 Dear Anonymous,


A failure to timely pay earned wages violates the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Indiana Wage Payment Statute (Indiana Code §22-2-5-1).  Violation of these Wage statutes can hold your employer liable for the unpaid wages, liquidated damages doubling the unpaid wages and attorney’s fees (Indiana Code §22-2-5-2).

For more information, visit my website here.


Good luck,


Chip Clark


Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Wade Law Group

San Jose, CA

| Contact Now

Brian R. Cahn & Associates, LLC

Cartersville, GA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums