> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I think I hurt my knee because of a osha violation not sure what can I do

I think I hurt my knee because of a osha violation not sure what can I do

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 20th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Coming down off a machine some have 2steps some have 1 they both should have 2. Came down off machine thinking there was a second step. The steps are not code
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 20th, 2017 at 11:43 AM

I would think the OSHA violation is a secondary matter.  The most pressing concern would be for you to report the injury to your employer and seek medical attention.  You are required under the Workers Comp Act to report injuries within 120 days.  Your employer and its insurance carrier are required to investigate the claim and send you a response on what benefits you can receive as a result.  If it is a compensable claim, that'll likely give you the economic losses you need.  Reporting to OSHA won't get you much.  Better to ask your employer to address the safety concern.

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

122 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Racine Olson

Pocatello, ID

| Contact Now

Miller, Meyerson & Corbo

Jersey City, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums