> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > I had accrued 159 hours of vacation pay but because I quit my job without giving a 2 week notice my employer refuses to pay it to me. Is that legal ?

I had accrued 159 hours of vacation pay but because I quit my job without giving a 2 week notice my employer refuses to pay it to me. Is that legal ?

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 05th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Florida
More details to this question:
When I quit my job of almost 10 years- I gave less than 2 weeks notice. I turned in all uniforms and badges required. I was notified I would not receive the 159 hours of vacation pay as I was now considered fired by the company handbook and under that status I would not receive the vacation pay hours I had accrued. Can I sue them for these wages not received?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 10th, 2017 at 4:41 AM

If the company handbook says vacation pay will be paid out then you are entitled to that pay if you resigned and the handbook says she would be paid. After you gave your notice of resignation and then the company said you were fired does not and should not to get your entitlement to the vacation day because you had already resigned

Nothing contained herein is meant to be legal advice to your particular question or to be a substitute for seeking a consultation with a lawyer and going over the facts and issues. I recommend that you Consult a lawyer in a consultation before taking any action based upon answers on this site.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

357 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 47 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

114 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

81 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

70 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums