> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > do i need a lawyer? My work has put me on suspension, but has not given me a date for it to end. Management is not returning my calls

do i need a lawyer? My work has put me on suspension, but has not given me a date for it to end. Management is not returning my calls

1 Answers. Asked on May 24th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Management does not return my calls and I feel as though they are trying to fire me now for no call, no show to work. I have been treated unfair prior to this, harassed by co-workers and management. I don't know what to do.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 24th, 2017 at 1:33 PM

I'd suggest that you go to your place of employment and ask to speak with whomever makes the decision you are seeking.  it's more difficult to put you off if you are physically present and awaiting an answer.  If you still can't get an answer, then you should file for unemployment compensation. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

323 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

161 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

76 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums