Do I have a case

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 15th, 2016 on Labor and Employment - Indiana
More details to this question:
I recentley left my job of 18 yrs. Due to the conditions I had to work in.The general manager and assistant manager are sisters along with alot of other family members there, daily there was fighting among family , about 6 months I brought it to the district manager at which time she confronting them and told them I had complained needless to say my life going to work daily became a living hell.On March 3 I had asked to be relieved to go to the restroom at wgich time both managers started yelling . I had been dealing with it but that day I was done..the managers there have litterly thrown things, yelled at at employees, and posted things on facebook even with the companies policy about not being allowed to do.I have witnessed alot and have photos to back it up along with facebook screenshots.I have been out of the store for over a week and still is threats being made on facebook amd she even messaged my fiance on his phone saying ahe was going to knock out my teeth.I am lost and don't
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:59 AM

Dear Michelle,


It may be that you have a claim for a hostile work environment, but I would need to get a lot more information in order to determine whether or not you have a case.  Here is a link to the Indianapolis office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which explains some prohibited practices. ("EEOC").  If you would like to discuss your case with an employment law attorney, we do offer free consultations.


Very truly yours,


Chip Clark 


Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums