Can they deny my unemployment

1 Answers. Asked on May 10th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I've been out on medical for 9 months. I've attempted to return to work 3 times. Unfortunately I'm not able to right now. My employer of 10 years recently took my full time status due to my exceeding the FMLA leave. They cut my hours from 40 to 16-24. I was approved for unemployment, however, now the company is appealing that decision. The company claims I had no contact with them through the month of February. This is false, I worked 3 days, I called off 3 days and they removed me from my regular shift, claiming I was no longer on third shift. Should I hire an attorney for this hearing?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 11th, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Yes you should retain counsel to help you with the unemployment appeal.  The facts are crucial to the outcome of the case.  I don't quite understand how your FMLA leave impacts your unemployment.  Why were you separated from employer and what led to the application for benefits?

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

332 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

167 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

134 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

119 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

102 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums