> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > can my employer withhold my last paycheck if they feel i owe them money?

can my employer withhold my last paycheck if they feel i owe them money?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 25th, 2012 on Labor and Employment - Georgia
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 25th, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ordinarily, the employer can withhold any sums that you owe the employer from your final paycheck.


Michael Caldwell


Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

528 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

124 Answers, 38 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

116 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Renea Overstreet

Attorney - Texas

109 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

68 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

67 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Lallande Law, P.L.C.

Long Beach, CA

| Contact Now

Hutchens Law Firm

Wilmington, NC

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums