> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > Can my employer in Pennsylvania change me from FT to PT with out notice causing a loss in benefits

Can my employer in Pennsylvania change me from FT to PT with out notice causing a loss in benefits

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 23rd, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I was Full time one day in our computer system and the next day I was part time. I was not told this would be happening by anybody, not an e-mail, a phone call, or in person. Now my Wife my 4 kids and I have no health insurance.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 8:11 AM

Your employer can certainly cut your hours without notice.  Whether you continue to qualify for benefits depends on what the published qualifications are for your company's benefits and whether you actually meet those qualifications.  How you're "labeled" doesn't really matter.  Typically a company will set forth a minimum number of average hours per week or month in order to qualify for benefits.  That's what I'd focus on if I were you. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update

Kernersville, NC

| Contact Now

Murphy Karber Cordier PLC

Phoenix, AZ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums