> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Labor and Employment > Can an employer give a final warning without giving any other warning?

Can an employer give a final warning without giving any other warning?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 12th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I was accused of saying something which is not true (nothing bad) and given a final warning. Should I not have gotten a verbal and then 1st written and then a final warning, in that order. I was told that the CEO of the company does not follow any rules and does what SHE WANTS. Please help me.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 13th, 2017 at 6:42 AM

There are no state or federal laws establishing a employment disciplinary procedure that are widely applicable to all employees.  Your employer can terminate your employment without any warning in most instances.  If your employer has a written employee policy that sets forth a disciplinary procedure that includes levels of warnings prior to terminate and that is not followed, it can help you qualify for unemployment compensation if your application is challenged. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums