Back union dues

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 06th, 2017 on Labor and Employment - New Jersey
More details to this question:
today in the mail I received a letter saying that I owed it back union dues. They never reached out to me about payment of any sort. What could I do about this ? I don't think I should have to pay the back union dues because of their lack of organization.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:07 AM

You may want to consider reaching out to the union to inquire as to why they wish to deduct monies from your wages. You should consider putting your communications in writing.


This advice is not intended to be binding legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship with me or my firm.  Please be advised that you are not considered a client of my firm until you come in to meet with me.

Report Abuse
Labor and Employment
Labor and employment attorneys can help both employers and workers prevent, address and resolve a variety of issues related to the employer-employee relationship. Small business owners and managers should consult with employment lawyers when crafting employment policies (including those related to hiring, affirmative action, compensation, medical leave and sexual harassment); negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severance agreements; and resolving employment-related personnel disputes. Workers should talk to a labor and employment law firm before signing any job-related contracts and for help addressing issues related to discrimination, harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests.
Have an Labor and Employment Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Labor and Employment Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Leigh Rodriguez

Monterey, CA

| Contact Now

Steven F. Goldstein, L.L.P.

Carle Place, NY

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums